We recently received the excellent AFE822x SDR-Net (Dual Channel) receiver from Alex.
This SDR has interesting features (from website):
● Synchronized (diversity) or separated (independent) Dual Channel reception mode
● 100 kHz to 30.00MHz continuous frequency range
● 2-x Direct sampling receivers
● Digital down-conversion
● Dual 12- bit 76.8 MSPS A/D conversion
● Up to 900kHz recording and processing bandwidth for each channel in dual channel mode or 1.8MHz in single channel mode
● Waterfall display functions, when used with appropriate software
● Recording and playback, when used with appropriate software
● Sensitivity – MDS -136 dBm at 500Hz bandwidth
● USB 2.0 interface (Full Speed)
● LAN (network) interface for remote access
We are working on a SDRNode driver (will be released Open-Source, as for RTLSDR).
This will bring multi-user support and remote access through internet thanks to the TCP/IP streaming used by SDRNode (the Afe822x uses UDP frames).
As the Afe822x can work in coherent dual channel mode, this opens the road to specific features like diversity or beamforming. These capabilities will be implemented in the driver… Stay tuned to see more in the coming weeks.
Also note that this driver will also be compatible with the RFSpace network hardware.