Last weeks have been very busy in developing and fixing Cloud-SDR features, thanks to the beta-testers for their help and suggestions. In this post I summarize the current status of Cloud-SDR remote SDR streaming system.
- Availability – Distribution policy
- Server side : SDRNode software – build #23082016
- Pending and scheduled features
- Client side
Want to evaluate the software (and get a free license) ? : contact <at> cloud-sdr <dot> com
Availability – Distribution policy
- Server software will be available with three different licenses : personal/hobbyist, group, pro;
- Free evaluation period;
- Client software will be free with source code available;
- C++ client API included in group/pro license.
- Scheduled time-frame for sales : November 2016.
Server side : SDRNode software – build #23082016
- SDRNode now runs as a daemon for Linux or as a Windows Service,
- Installation package available for Windows and Linux (through apt-get with dedicated Cloud-SDR repository),
- Added hardware serial number management (see this tutorial), tested with AirSpy, BladeRF and RTLSDR, helps to bind specific configuration to specific hardware (multi-antenna system, multi-band system with up/down converters etc.),
- Capture Engine bugs fixed, now SDRNode can run scheduled RF captures in ‘stand-alone’ mode (no user connected) and do some measurements (RMS power, FFT, etc.);
- Multi-user access to one published IQ stream now with two modes :
- “copy/paste” mode : all have same IQ samples,
- “clone” mode : a user-dedicated channelizer is created, opens completely independant operation within the SDR received RF bandwidth.
- Messaging system : users connected to the same RF stream can chat or exchange “spots” with geographic coordinates, server can send spots or messages to connected users (DSP scripts can detect activity and report frequency to clients).
- File Management : scripting can turn on record-to-disk on SDRNode with client remote replay;
- Licensing / feature limitation system implemented.
- Add tutorials for Windows and Linux install (highest priority)
- Update wiki doc with new scripting features;
- Hardware support for Perseus SDR and SDRPlay;
- Import stream from a remote SDRNode to re-publish a remote SDR stream;
- SDRNode to SDRNode remote calls and message passing.
- Embed digital demodulators in scripting engine;
- Management console : remotely manage a group of SDR nodes;
- Diversity management: create published streams that can programmatically decide their incoming source (application example: antenna diversity management)
- Include AIS and ADSB decoders and bind it to the messaging system to report positions to remote users.
- Dedicated client is available for free with Windows installation procedure (currently only for 64 bits OS) ;
- Implementation of chats and spotting messaging features ongoing;
- Beta version of the EXTIO dll available, opens remote access with HDSDR.
- Client documentation to be written (exists currently in French);
- SDR# client plugin (thanks Youssef);
- Windows 32 and Linux support, installation procedures to be done;
- Finish chat/spotting on client;
- Add remote-files management (SDRNode side recorded files cannot yet be accessed);